Monday 30 May 2011

Planning the garden

 
Read this book when I was starting the garden, a lot of useful information - marked the pages with the yellow stickers
See...very useful
So I made a plan for my garden...like so
First, decide which type of garden that you want to have. I love the English Cottage Garden best ( hate Rock Garden and Japanese Garden), but this is the tropics! Besides, I don't do well with flowering plants especially the Cottage Garden must have ie roses. And I have no idea how the plants are arranged to give that rambling look. Its called 'layering' - taller plants at the back, shorter ones at the front but still I have no clue how to do it. So...I decided I will have a Tropical English Garden instead (the only one ever existed I'm sure), with a kitchen garden at the back and my favourite fruit trees as well.

1 comment:

  1. i'm trying to do layering too. i think it's all in the choice of plants. good luck!

    ReplyDelete